Tuesday, June 18, 2013

General Finishes Gel Stain Colors

I have had a TON of questions about my staining tutorial.  I am going to be showing another project with these stains but I wanted to put out the rumor that General Finishes Gel Stain in Java is the only color that works!  I just used two of these other colors and I LOVE the results!  Here is a video that shows the colors that I have next to each other to help you pick which one is right for YOU!
Shown are: Georgian Cherry, Candelite, Antique Walnut, Brown Mahogany and Java.  They are all lovely.  It just depends what you like.  I used one coat of each on raw pallet wood.  I tried to choose pieces of wood that were all the same color to start so you could really tell what the stain would look like.
Let me know if this is helpful for you.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!:)
    I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a blog award. Hope you like it. :)
    would you like to follow eachother?
    Love your diy projects.
    Claudia P.
    http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca/2013/06/another-liebster-blog-award_18.html

    ReplyDelete